Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Sexy Selfies

Dear Readers,

This man "winked" at me on one of the free dating sites.  When I stopped laughing, I knew I needed to share this with the world to point out some important lessons in online dating.

When you are taking selfies for the intent purpose of uploading them to an online dating site, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY... use your common sense and don't do as this guy did today.  For those that don't understand what is wrong with this picture, this short list should help.
FOR THE MEN:
Don't -
- Use a public urinal as your backdrop.  Do you seriously think this is okay?
- Use a hotel room with you laying on it because you think it's funny as hell.  You don't look like bad-boy that has sex a lot, we women think you look ridiculous.  Would you show your mother this picture and tell her this is how you are attracting her future daughter in law?
- Assume bad pictures on your profile don't matter, it was the best you could do
Do -
- Delete your online dating account if you think this cowboy in front of urinals picture is fine and don't understand what the heck I'm talking about.  Women online will thank me for it.


FOR THE WOMEN:
Don't -
- Expose your voluptuous chest in ANY pictures on your profile, unless your intent is to show men how easy you are to get into bed.
I have talked to men who told me, yes, they love looking/staring/drooling all over them but they would never date them seriously.  They would want to hook up with you for a one night stand, sure, but as a serious relationship potential?  Nope, never happen.
- Assume that men love that pout-y look.  They do, but only for one thing (re-read the first item above)
- Use a hotel room with you laying on it (re-read for the THIRD time the first item above)
Do -
- Delete your online dating account if you think this kind of picture is fine, all your friends do it and they have dates all the time.  Really?  Have they married and stayed married for 20 years?  Have you never heard "why marry the cow when I can get the milk for free"?

Please don't think, dear readers, that I've been a prude my whole life because I haven't.  I've made my share of mistakes but they aren't plastered all over the internet.  Google "trashy exposed boobs" or "drunk guy exposed" and you will get my meaning pretty quickly.

Let's all stay safe while we try to enjoy online dating!

No comments:

Post a Comment